They were gone before I was able to take a picture….
I was craving something sweet, and I was feeling a little fancy and creative so what happened? I decided to develop a delicious and easy vegan pumpkin muffin recipe <3 After all we are still in fall, and I’ll always take a thing, or two made from pumpkin because why not?! I made them pumpkin, but in essence, they would be just as great without the pumpkin puree.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (if you want them to be sweeter you can add more syrup; I prefer things on the less sweet side)
- 2 cups water
- 1 or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (depending how strong you want the flavor)
- 2 tablespoons maca powder (superfood)
- cacao nibs
- Preheat over to 375°F
- Add all the wet ingredients to a blender first then add in the dry ingredients, and blend away. (If you don’t have a blender, go for the whisk and a bowl. I usually do both just to make sure I get everything well mixed!)
- Pour into a muffin pan, and fill each slot to the brim.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- I made the pumpkin puree an optional ingredient because you can just go plain and pair them up with anything from fresh berries (whole or mashed) to nut butters. 😉 For all I care, get creative and even add the berries in. Hint hint, blueberry muffins?
- ps: If you make these, give me feedback, send photos, tag me, everything!!! I want to see 🙂