Ahhhhh…. the soothing sound and music to my ears when I hear vegan ice cream. I was so stoked when I received my package from DF MAVENS. I had been eyeing their stuff for sooo long because it looked insanely tasty. I finally got to try four of their flavors and let me tell you guys that ‘delicious’ isn’t even the word! It was seriously like heaven. If you haven’t tried any of their flavors, I highly recommend Madagascar Vanilla, Mint Almond Cookie, Chocolate Almond Fudge, and Mocha Almond Chip!!! I promise you won’t regret it, at all. I had meant to create this badass combo for so long. But I was so overly busy catching up with school, and going to doctors appointments after I burned my hand that I didn’t get the time to until now. I finally go to it, and I am so happy with the creative result!! Seriously nothing warms my heart more than being in the kitchen cooking, baking, making smoothies, etc. So, to add a little twist to these delicious flavors, I made nutmeg cookies and turned them into ice cream sandwiches!!!
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 4 tsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of flax eggs
- 1/8 cup of almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium or large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients, mix evenly and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of ground flax meal and add tablespoons of water until you get sort of like a gooey consistency. Those are your flax eggs.
- Slowly, add the flax eggs to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the almond milk and knead the dough.
- On a cookie sheet, place the cookies about an inch apart and make sure you flatten them and shape them before cooking them.
- Bake for 12-15 mins, remove from the oven and let them cool.
- If you’re going to make the ice cream sandwiches, make sure you let them fully cool before you add the scoop of ice cream in the middle.
- When you add the scoop of ice cream, make sure to place them back in the freezer so that they firm up.