We all love snow days when we get to stay in and snuggle in our blankets or if you’re like me and don’t have an off button you have to keep yourself busy at all times. So yesterday’s snow day called for some serious to-dos!! I got to do laundry, clean my room, do homework, and wait for it… the best of the best…. I got to create some awesomeness in the kitchen!!! A.K.A these killer NO MAKE OATMEAL BALLS and some DELICIOUS ice cream sandwiches!!!
I’ve been dying to come up with an easy no-frills recipe for some sort of energy balls that would satisfy my sweet tooth…oops!! And I finally got it down. Not only is it tasty and vegan, but you don’t even need a darn oven!! I hope you love it as much as I did.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup of your choice of peanut butter OR almond butter (creamy or nutty either one works)
- 1/3 cup of maple OR agave syrup
- 1/2 cup or less of chocolate chips (optional)
- I didn’t put chocolate chips in mine, but I know you chocolate fanatics would love to taste a lil choco in there… so this is for you!
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix it all up just so that everything is evenly dispersed.
- Add the nut butter you used and mix it in evenly.
- When all the nut butter is evenly mixed in, add the maple or agave syrup.
- Mix it all up — I use two wooden spoons like if I were making guac 😀
- Roll up into 1 inch balls.
- Put them in the freezer until they’re firm and wallah