Here’s the first time I’ve ever thought of creating and making a raw dessert bar. I’ll be honest everything is trial and error, and even though these came out pretty delicious there’s room for improvement, and I know just what will make them tastier!
- 1 cup Raw Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (Extra Virgin Un-Refined Cool Pressed – basically pure/raw) [I reduced amount of coconut oil 😉 ]
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Dried Coconut (shredded or flakes — don’t use desiccated coconut!!!)
- 4 tbsp 100% Pure Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar (Here’s where I went wrong, I didn’t add enough, so they tasted too much like coconut oil )
- Cacao Nibs
- More Unsweetened Dried Coconut
- In high powered blender or food processor, blend the Unsweetened Dried Coconut until creamy butter forms; about 4ish minutes depending on blender type
- When coconut butter is formed, add in Raw Almond butter, Coconut Oil, and Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar and blend until all three ingredients are well blended
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet and with spatula evenly spread the mix
- Toppings: Add the desired amount of cacao nibs, unsweetened dried coconut, and spirulina
- I recommend not going to heavy on the toppings because you don’t want your bar to be too busy!
- Freeze for about 1 hour or longer then take it out and cut large bar into small squares and place them in a small container and keep these in the freezer
WAAALLAAA!!!! I hope you guys love these as much as I did!! I’m thinking maybe I can come up with a Nice Cream recipe to go along with these for a real sweet tooth buster or perhaps just along with a fruity smoothie?! hmm we’ll see. xoxo